Beware Spoilers Ahead!

My reviews do contain spoilers about the main stories but I do attempt to keep them at a minimum. I will not reveal any major plot points or twists unless stated at the beginning of a review.

Friday 26 December 2014

How I got started

I have always been a casual fan of comic books with their fantastical characters and imaginative stories, I picked up the odd series in trade not knowing what I was really looking for. I didn't know anyone who read comics, I didn't have anybody to ask about them, as far as I knew comic books were limited to superheroes and their ridiculously cheesy villains .

My casual interested turned into full on fangirl over the course of three pages. I picked up a copy of The Rat Queens volume one: Sass And Sorcery simply because it was on the display rack on the way to the counter at my local comic book store. I read the Rat Queens 6 times the day I bought it. From that moment on I was enchanted by comics and all the stories, characters and genres they had to offer and began researching series that I might like and enjoy and haven't looked back since.

I now follow 22+ monthly series and many series in trade. I've found series I love and series that I wanted to destroy with fire. The world of comic books never ceases to be amazing and diverse.

I have decided that instead of boring my boyfriend with talking about my favourite series I would start a blog about what I like, what I don't and my suggestions for readers. Now fair warning my reviews and suggestions will contain SPOILERS but I will try to keep them at a minimum without spoiling the main plots.

Happy reading comic lovers

Mama Jane =D


No comments:

Post a Comment