Beware Spoilers Ahead!

My reviews do contain spoilers about the main stories but I do attempt to keep them at a minimum. I will not reveal any major plot points or twists unless stated at the beginning of a review.

Thursday 21 May 2015

My Top 5 Things In Comics I Just Don't Get.

Like with all fandoms you will find people with differing opinions on a lot of things and while I respect other's right to have differing opinions there really are some things in the comic fandom that I just don't understand. So I listed my top 5 things that leave me scratching my head as to why they are so popular.

#5 Superman and Wonder Woman

I just really don't get this, to me it feels like something that started off as fanfiction that somehow made it into the comics. I'm just not really sure why everybody wants these two together so badly.

#4 Clintasha

Okay yes I'm cheating a bit and referring to the Avengers movies not the comics here but this is something that I just don't understand. Why does everybody have their heart so set on Black Widow and Hawkeye getting together? Black Widow even says herself that "love is for children" and that she owes him a debt. I feel like their friendship means more because that's exactly what it is, a friendship.

#3 Aquaman Is A Joke

When most people think of Aquaman they think of the gold and silver age of comics when he was riding a giant sea horses and talking to fish but this is like thinking of Batman fighting Kiteman. Aquaman rules 70% of the planet, has super strength, can jump over buildings and HE. CAN. RIDE. SHARKS!

#2 Harley Quinn and The Joker

I like the Joker, he's crazy, scary and unpredictable, and I like Harley Quinn, She's strong, sporadic and tragic, but what I really don't get is why they are often referenced as such a romantic couple. It's been shown many times that the Joker has no real love for Harley and that Harley is so obsessed with the Joker that she is beyond reason. For me this just doesn't scream "HOW ROMANTIC!".

#1 Crime Fighting In Heels

I love high heels but I don't wear them everyday for two reasons: they are impractical for everyday life and they are uncomfortable, this is why I really don't understand female heroines fighting crime and kicking butt in sky high stilettos. Most heroines nowadays are wearing more practical flat boots but the odd hero still pops up wearing heels that would snap the second they jumped off anything higher than a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment